Tuesday, August 31, 2010

last week's links volume 1


The other night I settled in for a night of Netflix streaming. Found and re-watched Street Fighter 2 The Animated Movie. I enjoyed it so much I dug around the streaming movies library and found Street Fighter Alpha Generations then decided to make it a double feature night. I found a couple more SF animated movies going to check them all out eventually.


I recently made another PS Store purchase. Picking up those sickly, cute Marvel Little Big Planet Sackboy costumes. Running around the LBP levels as Thor and Wolverine is really just icing on the cake and has my interest in this game fully restored.

I had some fun with LBP and found some new favorite User gen levels.  Levels lke Apollo 13 & Titanic made by user ima_taka are truly unbelievable and will restore your faith in humanity being capable of great things.

I also purchased the Uncharted 2 Dynamic theme. I think this is the best available so far, It features a high res snow scape and Drake trudging through the snow endlessly. Very cool looking but not too distracting, just right.

Messing around with the PS3's themes got me thinking about making a theme of my own. I found PS3-Themes.com online while using the PS3 browser and was able to get some user made themes for free. Definitely worth a visit if you want to change up your XMB's look. Digging further through the interwebs I was able to locate a Mac based Theme creator program. Hoping to give it a shot next week it involves some signing up for the download which I was hesitant about.. I'd recommend looking into Themes to any creative types out there looking for a way to spread the word about your work; people love free stuff.

Speaking of free content on the web. I traded links with some good guys while playing poker in the EA Sports Home space. I discovered this great PS3 browser friendly anime site called Kumby.com. Amazing site really I've been watching the High School of the Dead. An amazing series that you really just have to see to believe. It's every anime cliché you can think of  beautifully wrapped around an interesting zombie plot.

I resubscribed to Gameinformer. One of the better game magazines out there. They have been doing a great job with wrap around covers since their redesign. This months Batman: Arkham City cover is no exception.

I'll leave you with some Live action Metroid Other M live action ads they may run some where. I first saw these on one of my fav other blogs. Why can't all cosplay look like this? JK don't stop. 'Till next week.

2 comments: