Thursday, June 10, 2010

modnation report 02

PLATFORM: PS3
RELEASE DATE: 5/2010
DEVELOPER: United Front
ESRB RATING: E
Progress: 20% trophies as of posting

My first Modnation Racers and piña colada party was this past Friday! In fact, I think I have invented a new trend in gamer parties: themed drinking/gaming soiree. I prepped for this particular bash by getting a new blue Dualshock 3 controller and had my friends B-real and Verdeberg over. Verde' brought his own controller; bringing our controller count up to 4. The lovely Megan, my girlfriend, was on hand to race and man the blender for piña coladas. If you care to recreate my awesome get together, Megan's amazing and very simple piña colada recipe is below.


Once everyone was settled, I had my guests get started on their own mod creation and get acquainted with the game controls. The game is simple enough so that everyone can figure out how to play in no time. Drifting was probably the hardest thing to explain. Personally, I took the time to show off my DL'd mods of Captain America (unofficial) and Sackboy and Kratos. 

Racing was as frantic and furious as it should have been. I really like how anyone can pick up this game and be a contender even against someone with more experience. I have about 5 tracks downloaded that I like from the community and all the tracks I've unlocked so far in the game. Advances were made in my career mode. B-real took out Hale in the second circuit of racing after we tried about 50 times. The game is truly living up to being as hard as they say--which I like.

Making a perfect Piña Colada:

4 ounces of Coco Lopez creme de coconut
4 ounces pineapple juice
3 ounce clear rum
2 cups (or so) of ice

Blend and garnish with a Maraschino cherry.

1 comment:

  1. It looks like I really missed out. I look forward to hearing what the next theme will be.

    ReplyDelete