Sunday, November 10, 2013

PS4 Releases on My Radar


With less than five days left until the PS4 arrives at my doorstep, it was time to make some decisions on games. The games I’m most interested in for the PS4 are not being released until 2014. Although disappointing, 2014 will be here before you know it. I imagine that many gamers will still be shopping searching for a next-gen system for quite awhile.

 

The one launch game I am purchasing is Knack. An new IP from one of the developers of the PS4 system. Knack was designed by Mark Cerny, the lead architect of the PS4 and takes advantage of the PS4’s ability to animate more objects and AI. Knack is a short, cute little character. Thanks to the power of ancient relics, he can control elements from his surroundings to transform him into a much larger, brute version of Knack. This graphical effect is made possible using the latest tech available only on the PS4. The story and the mystery surrounding Knack remains to be known, but I’ll get to see hands-on very soon. I expect this game to show off many of the new features the PS4 has to offer.

Knack can piece himself together from elements of his surroundings
I think we get to fight Shrek
I’m holding out purchasing the rest of the launch line up for two reasons. One, I'm waiting on some game reviews to come in, it’s way too easy to spend the $65 on a dud. Second, PS Plus members (ME!) are receiving the benefit of the "Instant Game Collection". Two launch games are available Resogun and Contrast. Resogun is a two stick shooter that looks promising, in the vein of Super Stardust Delta (a launch title for the PS3.)
 
Resogun (A unique twin stick shooter)
Contrast (Whatever this is…)

Some of the great 2014 prospects that I’m most interested in right now are:


The Evil Within
Dragon Age Inquisition
The Witness
If you are looking for some more facts about the new PS4 system look here on the PS Blog. Definitely, looking forward to un-boxing mine later this week. I’m very curious about the new operating system changes and playing the new games, of course. Enjoy launch week, and in case I got you wondering, Netflix will be available day one.

1 comment:

  1. I love the idea of Knack. That opens up all kinds of puzzle possibilities.

    ReplyDelete