Tuesday, February 1, 2011

last weeks links volume 3

It's my busy time of year at the ol' day job. Which is only barely offset by playing my heart out in Little Big Planet 2 on the PS3 and Spyro (PS1) during my commute on the PSP. I want to be farther along in both games before I write a review. In lieu of this week's review I have another volume of great linkage for you.


"Our new logo epitomizes the change, innovation and creative growth that are the cornerstones of the new THQ,"said Brian Farrell, THQ President and CEO.
The day job consists of a lot of design work. In doing so I see a lot of advertising and branding. So this big change in THQ's branding did not go unnoticed. What do you think of the big red Q? Did you know THQ original stood for Toy Head-Quarters?

Gamedae reader Keyrouze sent in a link found featuring video game characters in their in real life environments. That Zelda image is pretty tight--I can think of a few times I was taking pictures and thought they could be game backgrounds.

This is one of the craziest Mario movies ever. Sorry I couldn't find it in better resolution.

The first in-game pics from X-Men Destiny are finally emerging! More here. I'm really excited for this game. My beloved mutants deserve a hot new game. Past X-Men games have been pretty respectable.

How excited did you get for Little Big Planet 2 this week?! Did you go to the launch event in NYC? I know, I keep talking about this game. Do you like February's banner?

Who knew jailbreaking your iPhone was OK with the law but hacking your PS3 is a crime? Isn't it your PS3? Also, if a crime takes place on Facebook where does it go to trail?

Sub-Zero

Last summer this Mortal Kombat short hit the internet. With no explanation given at the time rumors went around like crazy. "Was it a new movie?" Turns out, it was directed by producer Kevin Tancharoen as "proof-of-concept" in hopes of getting a new MK feature film green lit. Interestingly the cast stared Jeri Ryan. Yes, that Jeri Ryan. Recently, Warner Bros. has opted for 10 "internet shorts". The shorts are rumored to be releasing on the Xbox Live Marketplace and PSN.

I'm pretty excited for the new NGP. What's an NGP? It's the Next Generation Portable, duh. Not to worry it is only the products code name until it is released.

And finally, I'll leave you with an Oliva Munn link I'm sure you've never pictured.

No comments:

Post a Comment