Friday, October 22, 2010

nycc cosplayers


PLATFORM: NY Comic Con 2010
RELEASE DATE: Oct. 8-10,2010
LOCATION: New York City
MY STATUS: Wish I was still there

Getting in the mood for Halloween with the fancy new zombified Gamedae banner up top. I hope you dig it I had fun making it. Also, there was so much to see at this year's comic con I thought I would dedicate another entire post to pictures I have of the cosplayers this year. People have been dressing up for years for these kinds of conventions but these days it is referred to as cosplay; short for "costume play", it is a type of performance art. Participants dress in costumes that represent a certian character or idea. Often they mimic characters from Japanese manga, American comic heroes and video games. However, anything goes. There was even a pricey book documenting the rise of cosplay in America for sale at the con that looked worth picking up. Enjoy the gallery starting with the Bioshock Big Daddy (above) after the jump.


Pixie and X-23, X-Men


Cast of BSG

V

Optimus Prime

Lightning, Final Fantasy XIII

Sazh, Final Fantasy XIII 

Battle of the Planets (Gatchaman)

Assassin's Creed

No comments:

Post a Comment